Larry Lees was raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. After formal education he entered The University of Oklahoma in 1972 then graduated in 1976 with a Bachelor of Music Education. Upon graduation and marriage to Donna Cooper, they moved to Pryor, Oklahoma to enter into the family business, Cooper Wholesale, Inc., a manufacturer’s distributor of plastic pipe systems. In 2002 after many successful years in business, Larry and Donna sold Cooper Wholesale, Inc., to ISCO Industries, of Louisville, KY.
Larry’s work and community service over the years has been an important component of his belief system which is rooted in the stewardship principles found in The Bible. Leadership and personal acheivement through education, vocation and community service include:
- Serving as Drum Major of the University of Oklahoma Pride of Oklahoma marching band, 1974-1976
- Serving as a Deacon in the First Baptist Church, Pryor, OK, 1980 to present,
- Serving on the local Hospital Governing Board, now the Hillcrest Hospital Pryor Community Advisory Board, 1983 to present,
- Serving on the Mayes County Hospital Trust Authority Board, 1983 to present,
- Serving as Chairman of three Manufacturer Distributor Councils within the plastic pipe indusiry, 1996-2001
- Co-owner and Director of Operations, Cooper Wholesale, Inc., 1991-2002
- Serving in the United States Air Force, Civilian Auxiliary (Civil Air Patrol) 2000-2006, as a Squadron Commander, 2004-2006, and received three Commander’s Commendation Awards,
- Serving on many church commitees, First Baptist Church, Pryor, OK, 1977 to present
- Owner and operator, Joyful Noise Farm, LLC, 2006 to present,
- Serving as a Director of First Pryority Bank, 2014 to present and,
- Larry was elected Mayor of Pryor Creek Oklahoma, serving from spring 2019 to present
Afrer a lengthy illness Larry’s wife of 43 years, Donna Cooper Lees, passed away in December, 2019. Larry and Pamela Duarte married in 2021 and reside in Pryor, Oklahoma. Their combined family includes 5 children, 13 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren . Larry owns and operates Joyful Noise Farm, LLC of Pryor, OK, which is a horse farm involved in boarding, training horses and riders, and horse sales. Larry is also a pilot, horseman, and musician.